- This blog does not collect or store personal information with the exception of minimal data if you choose to log in and post a comment (see later)
- It is based on the open source Ghost content management system. The source code for the Ghost CMS can be viewed on GitHub
- The theme used for this instance of a Ghost CMS is the open source Edition theme. The source code for the Edition theme can be viewed on GitHub
- when logging in to post a comment (see later for more details)
- when the site is in development and private, it sets a session cookie to control access. If you are reading this, then the site is not private!
- a session cookie is set when accessing the administration part of the site. I hope very much if you are reading this that you cannot access the admin part of the site!
- The Cloudflare Content Delivery Network sits in front of this blog providing caching and security. The Cloudflare CDN currently sets a _cfduid cookie. This is deprecated and Cloudflare will stop doing this shortly after 21st May 2021. The cookie is used solely for performance and security as detailed on Cloudflare.
- The Comments functionality on this site is provided by the open source remark42 component. The source code for remark42 can be viewed on Github.
- remark42 is a light weight, "privacy first" comments system and was chosen for this reason when compared to more heavyweight and intrusive offerings
- in particular, if you log on via one of the "social logon providers", you should note what limited data is used from those sites and what is held in hashed (non-reversible) form locally. When you log in, the remark42 comments system writes two cookies. One to remember that you've logged in and the other as a security measure (preventing "cross site request forgery")
- Other than that, like almost all websites, this blog records "access logs" that will contain your IP address. These logs are only used for problem investigation and are kept for a limited amount of time.
- If you need to get in contact about any data privacy issues with this site or to request deletion of any comments you may have made, please email email@example.com